1. Privacy Statement
1.2. We will always comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the DPA can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the DPA, we will be the “data controller” of all personal data held in respect of the Site.
1.4. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. However, please note that transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data before it is received at the Site. All such transmission is at your risk.
1.6. We will never sell your personal data or make it available to any third parties without your prior consent except where required to do so by law or in the event that we sell any part of our business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer).
2. What information do we collect and why?
2.1. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2.3. Our server logs requests for Site content. By analysing this information, we can identify which parts of the Site are popular and which are not, helping us to improve the Site. The Site uses these log files to compile non-personal statistical information about matters such as length of stay on the Site, type of pages visited and other general information. This information is entirely anonymous: we want to know how people in general are using the Site, not what you in particular are doing on the Site.
2.4. We may use your personal data:
- to ensure that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
3. Your rights
3.1. You have a right under the DPA to access your personal data held by the Site and where necessary, to have it corrected. This right may be subject to a fee of £30 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you. For more details, please contact us as set out below.
4. Links to other websites